20 January 2010

little paint chip books.

*

Even though our little house is made out of lovely birch wood I am always so drawn to the array of paint chip colors at our hardware store.  I love sifting through all of the names, "Sunbaked Orange, Apricot Seashell, Summer Dragonfly".  Recently, I found some that were just the perfect size for making lots of little books for my son to drawn in and for me to keep notes in. 

I punched some small holes along two paint chip samples and through some plain paper(this is a nice project for using up scrap paper that has been used only on one side!) and then did a simple blanket stitch with embroidery thread to connect the layers.



I think this would be a nice project for an older child as it involves cutting, hole punching and a bit of sewing. It is also a nice way to create something that can be used for writing in or drawing in later on. So, punch, cut, sew and doodle away!
*

10 comments:

  1. What a cute and colorful idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I would be fun to use for colors or to make a letter book too! I will have to grab some paint chip samples at the store next time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea -just what i need to make with my childrens church class tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea! My kids would be all over this. Thanks so much!

    http://minivanlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute idea. I too am often drawn to those paint samples. I have taken some, laminated them and used for matching colors. But I often look at them and think "surely there is something else you can do with these" Now, thanks to you, I have another idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. We will be doing this for sure. I think my almost 5 year old will be able to do this - and he loves having his own little books. I am a new follower -so glad I found you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the paint cards! I used them to make placemats too {in one colour but showing the variety of different shades}.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just what I was looking for!! I bought a pack of little valentine's day note pads on clearance and wanted to figure out a way to put on a new cover so I could give them as party favors for my sons birthday. Paint Chips is perfect! We'll see if I can make them as cute as yours look!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I read and cherish all of your comments! It really feels like such an honor that you stopped by this little space of mine. Thank you so much! Cheers!
a

Related Posts with Thumbnails